I certainly don't have all the answers. Being brand new to the car business I get asked questions all of the time that I don't know the answers to. Fortunately I have great colleagues who are more than willing to help me out when I need to know something and I surprise myself all of time by the little things that I pick up.
The other day I was dealing with two gentlemen on a Accord Coupe. It's a great car...sporty, sexy, fun to drive. That's the car I would love to drive! The conversation turned to body styles and when new Accord might come out and when they had last changed. I was able to answer the question confidently! I had picked up a little information on that just listening to some of the other sales guys talking to customers.
Another tidbit that I overheard one day...unique to Honda is that all panels are galvanized steel to inhibit rust. Other manufacturers only use galvanized steel in "critical" areas. I have used this a couple of times myself. My colleagues are full of these little gems that I can employ so long as I'm listening when I'm not with a customer.
Which begs to ask, what did you learn last when you closed your mouth and really opened your ears? You can surprise yourself at what you'll learn when you really pay attention!

No comments:
Post a Comment